Another month has come and gone, and I hope you all enjoyed Easter!
This month has been busy busy; I was accepted by Netgalley to review some ARC’s, which is a huge achievement for me, as I haven’t had the opportunity to read books in advance of their publication before. If you have any books due to come out, which is available to review on Netgalley, let me know, so I can request them 🙂
There have been some changes to my website this month. I took a big leap, and decided to invest in my blog by buying my domain, so I am now officially http://www.literacyindulgence.com! As well as this, I have tried to make my ‘blog subjects’ more easier to find, but placing them under ‘Categories’. The ‘Blog’ button now has a drop down with these ‘Categories’.
I can’t believe I only just found it out, but you can listen to audio books on Spotify!! They aren’t very well known books, but it was nice being able to try an ‘audiobook’ out!
I have been quite successful with my reading goals this month! I had aimed to read three books; To Kill a Mockingbird by Lee Harper, The Revenant by Michael Punke, Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. I decided to take out To Kill and Mockingbird and The Revenant as when I picked them up to read, I found it hard to get into the story line. So I added; The Secrets by Jane Adams, My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing, and Dear Lily by Drew Davies.
I am now in my final month (May) for my current module, The Arts Past and Present, and have only an End Of Module assignment left to submit at the end of the month. I have been really proud of my latest assignments, as it was based on a philosophy point of view, and my tutor gave brilliant feedback with the way I handled and structured my assignment. After this month, my studying will be over for Summer, and will resume in September!
Goals for April
At the beginning I set myself some private goals for my blog, and I decided to share these with you all at the beginning and end of each month. These were my goals for April (the goals I reached are highlighted purple);
- To reach a following of 1,500 on Twitter – I Started with 964 at beginning of month and ended the month with 1,461 – So I only just missed this goal.
- To reach a following of 200 on Facebook – I Started with 152 at beginning of month and ended the month with 203.
- To reach monthly views of 100 on Pinterest – I started Pinterest this month, but got a lot more views than I imagined and ended the month with 74,000 views!
- To reach a following of 300 on my Blog – I Started with 138 at beginning of month and ended the month with 174
- To review at least 2 ARC’s through NetGalley – The Secrets by Jane Adams, Dear Lily by Drew Davies
- To review at least 2 other books – Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing
Goals for May;
- To reach a following of 3,000 on Twitter – I want to really push and get this up!
- To reach a following of 300 on Facebook – This is a really hard goal, as my followers usually come from Twitter or Pinterest
- To reach monthly views of 150,000 on Pinterest
- To reach a following of 250 on my blog
- To Review at least 2 ARC’s through NetGalley
- To review at least 2 other books
What goals have you all got for May? Let me know in the comments 🙂
Happy Reading, x