Plot outline: As he climbs into the sidecar of Hagrid’s motorbike and takes to the skies, leaving Privet Drive for the last time, Harry Potter knows that Lord Voldemort and the Death Eaters are not far behind. The protective charm that has kept Harry safe until now is now broken, but he cannot keep hiding. The Dark Lord is breathing fear into everything Harry loves, and to stop him Harry will have to find and destroy the remaining Horcruxes. The final battle must begin – Harry must stand and face his enemy.
My Review: I read through the whole Harry Potter series over the past few weeks, and just like the first time I read them, I was blown away!!! I admire how one person was able to create this whole wizarding world, and was able to share it through their books. My nephew also loves Harry Potter too.
Out of all the books, my favourite is The Deathly Hallows. At this point of the series, there are so many questions that are needing answers, such as what happens to Draco? Will Harry find all the Horcuxes’? How could Snape have double crossed the Order and Dumbledore? And who is Dumbledore?
Harry Potter and The Deadly Hallows starts off with Snape and another guy heading to the Malfoy manor for a meeting the Death Eaters and Voldemort, where they discuss their current plan to get Harry Potter before he heads to safety, and where Voldemort also takes Lucius Malfoy’s wand. Over the next few chapters, Harry says goodbye to the Dursley’s before they are taken to safe, and I was really surprised when Dudley wanted to know why Harry couldn’t go with them.
There are so many other parts of the book that left me tears, including when Ron leaves Harry and Hermonie when they were searching for Horcuxes’, and of course when he came back and saved Harry from drowning when trying to recover the sword under the lake.
It was so really fascinating discovering through different people, and then eventually Dumbledore himself, who Dumbledore really was, and his story of his life. By bringing this up at the end of the Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling neatly answers all questions and answers questions that had arisen throughout the series. It was an iconic moment in the book when Voldemort had ‘killed’ Harry and the welcoming party was Dumbledore, and he answered the questions that Harry had throughout the book.
I couldn’t recommend this whole series enough!
Recommendation: I would highly recommend all the Harry Potter books, and films.
My Rating: 5*
- Genre: Fiction/Fantasy and Magic
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Children’s Books
- Approximate Page Number: 640
- ISBN Number: 978-1408855713
- Amazon link: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows – Amazon
- Add to Goodreads:Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows
Other Harry Potter books;
- Book 1 – Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone – Here
- Book 2 – Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets – Here
- Book 3 – Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban – Here
- Book 4 – Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire – Here
- Book 5 – Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix – Here
- Book 6 – Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince – Here
- Book 7 – Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows – Here
Happy Reading 🙂